EAT | Zoodles and Shrimp

With a new year upon us, I know many people (myself included) are trying to eat healthier and cleaner and undo some of the damage done over the holidays.  I thought I would share one of my favorite healthy recipes.  This one is easy, yummy, and only takes about 30 minutes!



I know you're probably asking yourself, "What the heck is a zoodle???"  It's a zucchini noodle and you do need a spiralizer to make them.  I was gifted one by one of my besties for my birthday and I love it!  I know that it does a lot, but honestly I've only used it for zoodles.  Since I make this at least twice a month, it's totally worth having!  

Here's the recipe:


  • 10 ounces grape tomatoes (I like to get the multicolored ones and slice them in half)
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 pounds zucchini, spiralized (I usually use 3-4, depending on their size)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1 large clove garlic, minced
  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails off


    1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.  Toss together the grape tomatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon oregano and a pinch of salt on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the skins begin to wrinkle and move away from the flesh. Remove from the oven and let the tomatoes cool slightly.
    2. While the tomatoes roast, cook the shrimp.  Heat a pan over medium heat.  Add 1 tablespoon oil, shrimp, 1 teaspoon oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.  Cook for 5-10 minutes or until pink.  Throw an extra garlic clove in there if you want!
    3. Place the zucchini noodles in a large serving bowl.
    4. Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, and garlic; pour it over the zucchini noodles and toss to coat. Add the roasted tomatoes and shrimp and serve.


    I think this recipe tastes just as good cold the next day, too!

    Enjoy!

    Adapted from Oh My Veggies!