LIFE | Finding Joy

TGIF.  #amiright

Y'all, this has been nothing short of a craptastic week.  I thought about sharing with you all the reasons that I'm glad this week is finally over, but decided instead to share a few of the things that have brought me joy this week.  In the midst of the chaos and lack of sleep that we've had around here, these seem to mean a little more.


We finally turned Gabe's crib into a toddler bed.  I put this off as long as possible, but he's 3.  It's time.  I'm going to choose my words very carefully here.  Going to bed at night has gone really well.  We do our little bedtime routine, tuck him in, he stays in bed and goes to sleep.  Naptime, I'm coming for you next!  (Not an actual sleeping child in photo.)



The holidays always make me want a White Russian.  I picked up some Kahlua (read: sent my husband to pick up Kahlua) this week and enjoyed every drop of this!



All my holiday orders have shipped!  I can't tell you how much it means to me that so many of you have chosen to shop small and support handmade this holiday season!  We've had an incredible couple of months and I'm so thankful!  (P.S. You can still place an order for READY TO SHIP items today and get them by Christmas with a Priority Shipping upgrade!)



We have a lemon tree in the yard and that means more lemons that I know what to do with.  I gave a couple dozen to a friend of mine a few weeks ago and she showed up today with a bottle of homemade limoncella for me!  I'm obsessed!  I'd never had it before and it's so good!  I immediately got on Pinterest to see how to make my own and get ideas for things to do with it!  It was such a neat surprise!



And of course, this kiddo is finally feeling better after a long week of sickness!  And I am so glad!  


For the record, I do realize that two of my "joys" are alcohol related.  That's the kind of week it's been.  

Share one of your "joys" from this week with me in the comments!