You've got questions! We've got answers!

I've found that I've been receiving a few of the same questions lately, so I thought I would address them here!  It's funny how I can go months on Etsy with people placing orders with no questions or issues and then all of a sudden it seems like everyone has the same questions about items that I've been selling the whole time!  Ok, here we go:

Q: What does the SS and LS stand for on appliqué bodysuits and tees?
A: Short sleeve and long sleeve!  Etsy doesn't give me enough characters to type the entire word out.

Q: The listing asks me to select boy, girl, or neutral.  What's the difference?
A: Well, there are a few reasons I ask for this.  I have a lot of customers that place orders and ask me to select a fabric for them, so I'll need this information to do that.  My bodysuits are unisex, but my toddler tees are gender specific.  And if you happen to choose a more neutral fabric, this helps me decide on thread color.  It's no secret that I like to use a fun, contrasting thread on many of my designs and this way I don't choose hot pink when I should have chosen turquoise!

Q: How long will it take to get my order?
A: Well, it really just depends on how busy I am.  I try to keep production time around 2 weeks and never more than 3.  If I'm struggling to get items out within 3 weeks, I'll close until I can get caught up. You can always find my current production time in our shop announcements, but be aware, this can change from day to day!  It might say 1 week today, then I receive several orders, so it will be 2 weeks the following day.  Production time does NOT include shipping.  Shipping is an additional 2-5 days.  If you need something by a specific date, please let me know.  If you need something sooner than what my current production time is then you can purchase a rush orders for an additional fee.  If you make a purchase and include a date in the "notes to seller" that is faster than my current production time, you will be asked to purchase a rush fee in order to receive that item on time.  I am willing to do what I can to get your items to you when you need them, but please be respectful of my time and of others that have paid rush fees.

Q: I want to place an order, but I don't have a PayPal account and I don't want to sign up for one!
A: That's ok!  You can still place an order.  Select PayPal as your method of payment when you check out.  Below the "login" box, there is an option to check out as a guest.  That's you!  Then select the option to pay with a credit or debit card.  You'll be able to enter your billing information without creating a PayPal account.  Please be aware that you will still see PayPal on your bank account or billing statement because they are the ones that are processing the payment.  This does not mean you have a PayPal account, they are just the third party that is helping to get your money from you to me so I can send you something adorable!

When you're making a purchase, please take a few minutes to read the listing in its entirety and to read our shop policies.  I get so many questions that could have quickly been answered this way!

Does this help you out?  What other questions do you have???