WEAR | Plaid

A couple of weeks ago I came across this tunic on the Anthropologie website.


It looked simple enough, so I thought "Hey!  I could make that!".  After reaching out to my Insta-friends for suggestions for a pattern,  I settled on the Shoreline Boatneck and spent an afternoon getting the pattern ready to go and stitched it up the next morning.  I honestly think it took me longer to print, tape, and cut the pattern than it did to make the top!  






Mine is more "top" length versus the "tunic" length of the inspiration, but I'm ok with that.  I love the subtle shirttail hem.  I used a cotton flannel for the front and an interlock knit for the back, both purchased from Joann's.  I followed the pattern measurements and made an extra small on top and graded to a small in the hips.  If you're newer to sewing apparel and scared of sleeves, this would be a great pattern to try!  They're so easy!  I have to say, I really love this top!  It's so cozy and comfy, it cost me a fraction of the inspiration top, and I MADE it!

What should my next sewing inspiration be???

Top: Made by me! // Earrings: Nickel & Suede // Jeans: Mavi via Stitch Fix (referral link) // Shoes: TOMS