LIFE | Whole30 Week 2 Recap

Whoo-hoo!  Another week done!  Truly, with a little planning, this isn't that difficult.  I'm definitely missing the convenience of convenience meals.  There have been a few nights where we have eaten later than I would have liked or where it sure would have been nice to just go through the drive thru.

My only major cheats this week were some wine and accidentally eating a Lara Bar that wasn't compliant.  Oops.  I am having dinner at a friends tomorrow and I know the plan is to order pizza.  I am considering bringing my own food.  I mean, I have done so well, and it's not like pizza is a little cheat!  More than chocolate or anything sugary, I really miss cheese.  That's the one thing I can't wait to have again.  Most of the meals I make I think would be that much better with just a touch of cheese.


I am going to do at least one more week.  I don't know that I'll continue to be strict for the entire 30 days (I have my birthday and some travel coming up in week 4), but I'd like to finish out this next week.  For the record, I've lost about 4 pounds.  I know that may not seem like a lot, but considering I'm pretty petite to begin with, it is for me!  I have been exercising more days than not, so I'm sure that's a factor with the weight loss as well.  The goal of the Whole30 is not weight loss, but it seems like it would be almost inevitable.  Basically all I ate before were grains, dairy, and sugar, so how could I not lose a little weight since cutting those out???

I do think that a good take away from all this is having a few new healthy lunch options.  I literally eat a sandwich for lunch every single day.  I haven't had a sandwich in 2 weeks!  Whole30 lunches may take a few minutes longer to prepare, but they've been good and and I feel good eating them!  I'm also the kind of person that can eat the same thing over and over (see the salad I've been having this week), and that's probably a good thing with this kind of diet.



Ok, here's the recap of everything I've eaten this week.  I've included links to the recipes where applicable.

Day 8
Breakfast
Coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon
Scrambled eggs
Strawberries and blueberries
Lunch
Leftover spaghetti squash with ground beef and spaghetti sauce
Grapes
Dinner
Chicken Divan - I didn't love this and won't make it again.  I found it on several blogs and lots of people do like it, so maybe you will.
Snacks
Lara Bar
Cherries
Trail Mix
Apple
Exercise
Barre Class

Day 9
Breakfast
Coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon
Scrambled eggs
Strawberries
Lunch
Salad with strawberries, egg, dill, pecans, and turkey
Dinner
Dinner out - Grilled trout with zucchini and squash (I think this was as close to compliant as I could get.  The veggies were probably cooked in butter though.  And I had a few drinks.  And 2 french fries.
Snacks
Grapes
Banana
Exercise
2.5 mile "wog"

Day 10
Breakfast
Coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon
Hard-boiled eggs
Banana
Lunch
Ham, spinach, avocado, and tomato roll ups
Blueberries
Trail mix
Dinner
Leftover chicken divan
Snacks
Cherries
Trail Mix

Day 11
Breakfast
Coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon
Hard-boiled eggs
Banana
Lunch
Salad with strawberries, egg, cucumbers, dill, pecans, and turkey
Dinner
Shrimp cocktail
Homemade cocktail sauce - omitted honey, horseradish was not compliant but I decided it wasn't enough for me to care (dairy and sugar)
Cucumber salad - subbed coconut sugar for sugar
Peach
Wine - Believe me, after the day I had I had earned it.  You would have done it, too.
Snacks
Lara Bar
Grapes
Exercise
Barre Class

Day 12
Breakfast
Coffee with coconut milk
Scrambled eggs
Strawberries
Lunch
Leftover shrimp cocktail
Cucumber salad
Dinner
Zesty Ranch Porkchops - I used the Southwest Ranch dressing because that's what I had.  It was yummy!
Baked Japanese sweet potato - I'd never had these before.  I think I like it better than a regular sweet potato!
Snacks
Banana
Almonds
Cherries
Exercise
Barre Class
2.7 mile "wog" (It was hot and slow, but DONE!)

Day 13
Breakfast
Coffee with coconut milk
Scrambled eggs
Grapes
Lunch
Salad with strawberries, egg, cucumbers, dill, pecans, and turkey
Dinner
Leftover Zesty Ranch Porkchops
Baked Japanese sweet potato
Peach
Snacks
Lara Bar - Chocolate chip flavor, I didn't realize until I was halfway done with this that it was an accidental cheat.  There's sugar in the chocolate chips!  I finished it anyway and it was DIVINE!
Cherries
Grapes
Exercise
Does walking around the zoo for an hour count?

Day 14
Breakfast
Coffee with coconut milk
Hard-boiled eggs
Banana
Lunch
Bacon, tomato, avocado, and egg salad
Dinner
Salad with strawberries, egg, cucumbers, dill, pecans, and turkey
Snacks
Kale chips
Cherries
Exercise
I went shopping.  :)