LIFE | Making Lemonade

I wore this lemon dress to brunch on Sunday and was really hoping to get some cute family photos.  Unfortunately, a 2 year old + a sugar rush + 100 degrees doesn't = amazing photos.  We did the best we could.




I felt like this dress was especially appropriate for our last Sunday brunch at our favorite spot.  Starting this week, my focus is going to be turning lemons into lemonade.  Deployments are always hard and never fun, but I've learned to make the best of them and embrace them for what they are.  Less laundry, less cooking, less cleaning.  A summer filled with exploring a new city, getting to know new friends better, and soaking up the sun in the pool.  Travel to visit family and hopefully seeing some friends at the beach. I've found that if I have a few goals and things to look forward to, I'm happier and the time seems to go by faster.  In the past I've used to deployments to do things like learn how to sew and become a runner!  Just think, if it wasn't for deployments, DFD may not exist!  I'm looking forward to starting Barre classes (3 cheers for childcare!!!) later this week and having a little more time for personal sewing projects.  I would love to learn to make macarons (quite a goal considering I'm not a baker at all!), and I need to get this boy potty trained!  I'm also looking forward to starting my wine, cheese, and crackers diet.  I know it sounds crazy, but I usually lose weight when I stick with those 3 things for dinner.  :)  Give me a lemon, I'll find a way to turn it into lemonade!

Some macaron inspiration from brunch!  Yum!


We'll call this a BEFORE potty training picture.  But really, he's just too darn cute not to share!  :)


Some of my recent, ahem, investments.  I've got plans for a Sugar Pop Top, a Saltspring Dress, a Tank Dress, a Poolside Tote, a Washi Dress, and more!  Any favorite patterns I should add to my list???


Dinner.



{I'm so thankful for all the thoughts and prayers that I received since sharing this bit of our life with you all.  I cannot tell you how much it means to have complete strangers thinking of my little family.  I share this part of our life, not for the support, but because it is the life I'm living and I couldn't be more proud to be a military spouse.  The fact that I am part of a community that wraps me up and says thank you is more than I can ask for.  Thank YOU!}